The river that runs through Interland flows with fact and fiction. But things are not always as they seem. To cross the rapids, use your best judgment – and don’t fall for the antics of the phisher lurking in these waters.
Have your children play Reality River and use the questions below to prompt further discussion about the thematics learned in the game.
- Describe a time when you had to decide if something was real or fake online. What signs did you notice?
- What is a phisher? Describe its behaviors and how it affects the game.
- Did playing Reality River change the way youʼll evaluate things and people online in the future? If so, how?
- Whatʼs one thing that you think youʼll do differently after joining in these thematics and playing the game?
- What are some clues that could signal that something is “off” or creepy about a certain situation online?
- How does it feel when you come across something questionable online?
- If you really arenʼt sure whether something is real, what should you do?